Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Haven

I read an article about a new series on Syfy called Haven. It’s based on Stephen King’s novel “The Colorado Kid”. Anything that comes from Stephen King by way of Television or Movie Theater can be VERY hit and miss with me. I love the movies Misery and Carrie. I even thought that The Green Mile was decent. However, most of his works that have been turned into TV miniseries like The Stand and The Langoliers are horrible forms of torture that I wouldn’t wish upon anyone. But lately I’ve likes some of the shows that Syfy has given us. Battlestar Galactica and Caprica were excellent series even though the latter never found it’s audience and got canceled. Well, I decided to give it a go and watched the first couple of episodes. The series opens up with our main character Audrey Parker, a detective sent to Haven, Maine on a case to find a wanted man. He ends up dead in the opening scene and the mystery unfolds. The pilot centered around the mystery of who or what killed this man but the story beyond the pilot we have yet to discover. We get a clue in this episode as Ms. Parker discovers a paper with a picture on it of a woman who looks very much like her. Both of these opening stories got off to a good start and then the second episode came. It revolved around a large mysterious steel ball led by butterflies that crashes into and destroys a local diner. It came to a predictable and unsatisfying conclusion filled with bad acting and horrible special effects. I’m willing to give it one more episode. I have a feeling that Haven isn’t going to last long though.
 (2 out of 5 Hot Guys)





No comments: