Friday, August 06, 2010

SALT


The hubby and I went to see SALT this weekend. It was a choice between SALT or Inception. While Inception is doing excellent at the box office and getting great reviews by it seems everyone who sees it, it’s star is a turnoff for me. I think Leonardo DiCaprio is a fine actor. I specifically liked him in William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet and Titanic. However, I haven’t wanted to watch him. I haven’t seen The Aviator, Blood Diamond or The Departed, of which I’ve heard all three are great movies! I just haven’t watched them because there’s something about him that repels me. Angelina Jolie, on the other hand, I can’t get enough of. I loved Tomb Raider, Wanted and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. So my choice was clear. I’d been waiting in anticipation for the movie for month. I’d read articles where the creators were wanting to create a Jason Bourne type character for Jolie and I’m a huge fan of the Bourne films. From the moment the movie opens the action unfolds and it doesn’t stop until the credits begin. The setup is that Jolie’s character, Evelyn Salt, a CIA agent, has been named by a “walk-in” as a Russian spy. She runs and as she completes the tasks the walk-in says she would we are left to question whether or not she is, in fact, a Russian spy. The movie is a little bit Bourne, a little bit Alias and a lot of Jolie kicking ass. It’s better than the Bourne movies and the best movie I’ve seen in years.
(5 out of 5 hot guys)




No comments: