Friday, July 16, 2010

The Princess and the Frog

One thing you must know about me is my love for animated movies. Nowadays it seems that my tastes are changing. I used to love horror movies a lot and now, while I do love a scary flick now and then I tend to want to see comedies and action movies. Throughout my life though, the best comedies have been cartoons. Some, like Finding Nemo, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar, are among my favorite films. This past weekend, we received The Princess and the Frog from Netflix. I’d actually been waiting to see it since it came out last year. The charm that is classic Disney storytelling is alive and kicking in this movie. It relies on no special effects but rather the the plot and great music to entertain. It’s very reminiscent of the same devices used in The Little Mermaid, Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast. The movie takes place in the south where our heroine continues the lifelong dream her father never got to see have having their own restaurant. She stumbles upon a talking frog, our prince who’s been tricked by a witch doctor of sorts and has been transformed into the tiny green creature. After being convinced to kiss the frog to transform him back into the prince he once was, she herself, in a twist of fate is also transformed into a frog and from there it’s quite a journey to get things right. From start to finish it’s a cute story that fits very comfortably in the Disney catalog.
 (3 out of 5 Hot Guys)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[color=#30d529]Interesting website! I haven't bumped on davidsdialogue1.blogspot.com before in my searches!I found very useful information about
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]akne[/url] [color=#30d529]here... Keep up the hard work![/color]

Anonymous said...

[color=#30d529]Great post! thank you for sharing this information. davidsdialogue1.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#30d529]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]